Saturday, August 15, 2009

Mars: Glorious Food! (indeed!)

On most nights, when I get bored or when I have a lot of work to do, I'll find various ways to procrastinate and just NOT do the work I so desperately need to finish. When I was younger and living at home (mind you I left home at 13), I would sneak downstairs to the fridge and ninja the desserts away - and my waistline is now paying the price. In more recent times, I surf the net for recipes and restaurant reviews by bloggers who I find more honest about how the feel about what they eat! Now, after living away from home for so long, and after so many trial and errors, I suppose I do cook and bake okay and so far so good - no one has died from eating anything that I've made.

Though not a lot can compare to home-cooked food when one has been away for a very long time, there are places in the world that can come quite close to satisfying that yearn (rumble) in one's stomach. And for people with a stricter diet (ie. halal, vegetarian, kosher etc.), often there are no problems to find good food no matter where you are.



I'd like to think that where you eat would have a significant impact on the taste of food - which is prolly why to most people, home-cooked meals are the best in the world when one takes in the company, the scenery and the love that goes into whatever that is placed on the table in front of you.

So here's to great food, brilliant company, beautiful places and courage to always try something new!
Waffles with Clotted Cream Ice Cream and Strawberries
Baggy Too @ Croyde Bay

No comments:

Post a Comment