Sunday, September 12, 2010

Jade: Bitemypasta #2

With weekdays spent on wards and moving to a new hospital every few weeks, I used to think weekends were pretty precious commodity in uni. But if anyone had told me how much rarer they were going to be once I started working..I would've made a conscious effort to cram every single Saturday and Sunday with all the books I wanted to read, backlogs of fashion magazines, leisurely pedicures and massive dinner parties....that, or I would've just quit med school all together. Nobody messes with my pyjama-time.






Sausage and asparagus pasta~ because my mum decided she didn't like the sausages she bought and left them in my freezer. Thanks, ma

2 pork sausages~preferably non-mushy ones...not like the ones my mum left
2 cloves garlic
5-6 stalks of asparagus
double cream
1/2-1 tbsp wholegrain mustard

100g penne

freshly cracked black pepper
torn up basil

1. Boil some water and cook the pasta
2. Chop the sausages into bite sized pieces and pan fry till you get crispy little nuggets
3. Add the garlic and asparagus and sauteed on low heat till tender
4. Add double cream and mustard
5. Season to taste, toss in the cooked pasta and coat with the silky cream
6. Top with freshly cracked black pepper and some torn up basil. Sheer comfort food..the perfect ending to a lazy weekend...the kind where you do nothing but laze around in a soft kimono and red lipstick:)

1 comment:

  1. Oooo...that looks so alluring!!! Drool! Haven't cooked pasta for a long time...since my daughter left. She loves such stuff...and no fun cooking alone...for oneself. You feel that way or not? Hint! Hint! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete