Sunday, September 26, 2010

Jade: Bitemystew

I swear the film companies that make korean dramas all own secret ramyun factories. I mean, they must. I've yet to watch a korean drama that doesn't involve at least one steaming bowl of kimchi ramyun per episode...and at 11 at night, it.looks.so.damn.tempting. Didn't help that I woke up to a taiwanese food show that just had to be about korean food...and yes, they had ramyun...in a large wok filled to the brim with vegetables, tofu, ham, frankfurters, korean rice cakes and cheese....It took all the self control I had to sit and finish the show..granted there really isn't much of it to begin with...before I headed straight to my kitchen and had a quick fumble around. I had everything that was needed......hello korean army base stew for dinner.


Korean army base stew~ so much better than your standard packet of kimchi ramyun..If you do do give this a go, please don't leave out the cheese...it all but melts into oblivion and it does serve to temper the almost acrid heat from the pepper paste

2 sausages, diced and browned
1 clove garlic, minced
1 spring onion, minced
leafy greens of your choice, roughly torn
oyster mushrooms
1 tbsp kimchi, chopped
1tbsp gochujang
1-2 slices cheese [ I used cheddar']
water
soy to taste
1 piece ramyun

1. Chunk everything but the ramyun in a pot, pour in a bowl of water or more if you'd like more soup, pop the lid on, and bring to the boil
2. Give it a quick stir, splash of soy to taste, and let it simmer for a few minutes
3. Add the ramyun and boil till the noodles soften
4. Top with a bit more cheese and slurp as noisily as you can :)

No comments:

Post a Comment