Sunday, October 11, 2009

Jade: Bitemysalad#2

This job application thing is not sitting well with me. Maybe I should just become a housewife. Then I can stay in the kitchen and never come out.

~~

Here's a salad that is perfect for a light Sunday dinner, and an excellent way to use up bits of leftovers in the fridge.

~~




Roast chicken salad with wasabi dressing

1 roasted chicken thigh [I bought mine from Waitrose don't judge me:( wait till I become a real housewife]
1 baby gem lettuce
2 tomatoes
Half a green apple leftover from my apple cake

1 tbsp wasabi
2-3 tbsp mayonnaise [depends how much of a kick you're after]
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
juice of half a lemon or a generous splosh of rice vinegar
pinch of sugar
pinch of salt

1. Whisk the dressing in a bowl, keep tasting as you go along...not difficult to do, it is very addictive
2. Shred chicken, please keep the skin...people who take the skin off meat just piss me off
3. Tear up lettuce, you could chop, but I find it so much more satisfying to tear into the crisp leaves
4. Quarter tomatoes, julienne apples

The dressing packs quite a punch so you really don't need a lot. The sweetness of the apples tames the heat a little..and paired with the cold, tender chicken giving that savoury edge...I could eat this all day.

I have a few more pieces of chicken left and I'm thinking there is some nice soft pita out there just waiting to be filled...I'm even saving the bones to make stock..look at me all housewifey! MTAS can bite me.


No comments:

Post a Comment