Sunday, October 11, 2009

Jade: Bitemycookies#2

I'd been staring at my job application form for a good 2 hours trying to figure out how best to sell myself as a safe doctor who isn't going to kill anyone on the job....not easy considering I'd spent the morning having dark thoughts about patients who came to clinic because their left armpit smelt different from the right one. I desperately needed a break.....something to wake me up...what better than the warm, nutty smell of butter laced with cinnamon..

~~




Cinnamon raisin Crunch

75g butter [you know how I feel about the unsalted stuff]
3/4 cup flour
4 tablespoons brown sugar [or more if you feel like it]
1/2 tsp cinnamon
big pinch baking powder
pinch of salt
handful of raisins [roughly chopped if you so wish, but sharps and stressed person=bad idea so I didn't bother; plus the idea of plump whole raisins peeking out of cookie dough is so much more
rustic]

1. Preheat oven to 2oo degrees C
2. Melt butter in the microwave, shouldn't take more than 15 seconds.
3. Combine dry ingredients and add to butter.
4. Pop the dough into the fridge while you do the washing up, not that there's much to be done.
5. Scoop out big dollops onto a cookie sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
6. Crunch away;)

On a completely unrelated note, my new-found secret to the perfect cup of tea- Golden Syrup. One tablespoon shy, a world of difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment