Sunday, November 1, 2009

Jade: Bitemyomelette

Saturdays are meant for lazing in bed and lounging around in my tattiest pyjamas...although I've recently discovered that scrubs make excellent loungewear....nearly as good as my dad's old shirts that I usually scavenge from the 'for charity' pile. Charity begins at home. Don't judge me.

In the midst of all that relaxing..or rather my sheer reluctance to move..the last thing I want to do is stuff a chicken...so I settle for something equally hearty that takes all of 10 minutes :)




Marinated spinach and mushroom omelette

Handful of spinach
2-3 button mushrooms
Few slices of gloucestershire cheese [ it's what I had on hand, but I think feta or brie would be even better]
Good quality olive oil
Worchestershire sauce
Pinch of dried thyme

2 large eggs
tablespoon water
salt and pepper to taste

1. Roughly chop spinach and mushrooms, drizzle with olive oil, few splashes of worchestershire sauce, throw in some thyme. Mix it up with your hands and leave to sit
2. Beat eggs with water and season.
3. Heat some oil in a non-stick pan, pour in the egg mixture, gently sweeping the top of the mix towards the centre of the pan.
4. When the edges have just about set, scatter the filling on top.
5. Leave it to cook a bit more while you do the washing up.
6. I like my omelettes slightly runny in the middle..but it's up to you really. Fold the omelette and slide it onto pretty plate.
7. Hurry back to your room while the cheese is still hot and oozing...and take that first blissful bite...You could share it with someone...I wouldn't ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment