Friday, November 20, 2009

Jade: Bitemypeanutbutter

I went through a phase after the whole Parent Trap thing where I ate oreos with peanut butter...I secretly hated it..but I was 12..and if it was good enough for Lohan, it was good enough for me. Then I went to boarding school and befriended a rather subnormal being who ate her morning cereal with peanut butter...I didn't like it...but I thought it was a cool quirk..god knows what I was thinking..so I ate it anyway. And then I dated someone who ate peanut butter out of the jar...see above. Took me 23 painful years and too many wasted calories to realize I'm not actually a great fan of peanut butter....what can I say..I'm a slow learner. So slow in fact...that I came across a recipe recently, starring peanut butter....and I really admire the blog it came from...and if she really really likes it..Ah such is the power of blind faith;)

Chocolate peanut butter surprises..well it's not really a surprise now that I've told you..but whatever..adapted from The journal of a girl who loves to cook

125g plain flour
62.5g cocoa
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
60g butter
40g castor sugar
40g brown sugar
60g smooth peanut butter
1 large egg
1/2 tbsp milk
1/2tbsp vanilla extract

Surprise!~
1/4 cup icing sugar
pinch of salt
120g peanut butter

1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees
2. Mix ingredients for peanut butter filling until it almost resembles a dough. Pop into the freezer. You don't have to...but it will make wrapping easier
3. Cream butter, both sugars and peanut butter until fluffy
4. Add egg, milk and vanilla, mix until well combined
5. Sift in dry ingredients and mix
6. It's a fairly soft dough, so pop it in the fridge while you do the washing up.
7. And now the fun part: Scoop some peanut butter mix, roll into a small ball, flatten some cookie dough and wrap the peanut butter in it. Make sure you get a tight seal all over, I just roll the whole thing into a smooth ball once it's wrapped...don't want any peanut butter leaking all over the place..although if it does...melted peanut butter isn't exactly a tragedy:P, place it on a greased baking tray and flatten gently. Repeat as many times as you wish...depending on how large you want your cookies to be...should you want one giant cookie, I don't judge.
8. Bake for 10-15 minutes, 10 if you like a dense brownie-esque texture, 15 if like me, you think cookies should be delicately crunchy.
9. Let cool...break a cookie in half, dunk it in ice cold milk. It's like a reese's peanut butter cup! only so much better;)


No comments:

Post a Comment