Monday, September 7, 2009

Vic: BiteGordonRamsay

ALOHA, people~

This is my first time blogging about food, and this is actually VERY difficult. I guess this is due to the fact that I really (really really really) enjoy "crappy food". For example, "crappy Chinese food" - Chinese food that comes in a box! [Don't Judge Me.]

Anyway - for a change, my housemate and I decided to eat at Restaurant Gordon Ramsay - Royal Hospital Road, Chelsea, London.












Here is what I had:
Starters
Salt cod brandade with Noir de Bigorre ham, poached quail’s eggs, chargrilled red peppers
and rocket salad










Main courses
Fillet of daurade royale with navet, carrots, radish, baby gem lettuce and artichokes barigoule










Desserts
Lemon meringue and almond tart with fromage frais sorbet










My housemate had:

Starters
Saffron risotto with clams, mussels, langoustines, chorizo and tomatoes, 'paella style'









Main courses

Confit milk-fed Suffolk pork belly, caramelised endive, apples, grelot onions and Madeira jus



Desserts
Rum baba with Gariguette strawberries, lemon balm and vanilla cream





I had quite a few "joycry" moments during the meal. But guess what, the only food I was thinking about was "caramel chicken" from the crappy Chinese food place at Leicester Square~ the irony of it~

1 comment: