Monday, March 15, 2010

Sush: Cream tea scones

Well ok, maybe not cream tea scones. :P Just ordinary basic fruit scones. But although they're only the basic recipe type, these babies are very light and fluffy, and dreamy :)


Best eaten when fresh out of the oven!

Taken from Nigella Lawson's "How to be a Domestic Goddess". It is my baking bible. ;) Although I do admit that I still tweak her recipes to suit my calorie intake and taste buds.

Ingredients:
500g of plain flour
1/2 tsp salt (recipe asked for 1 tsp but I altered)
2 tsp baking soda
4 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
75g cold butter (I use salted)
300 ml milk

1 egg (for eggwash)

Method:
Preheat oven to 200C
Sieve all dry ingredients together.
Dice up cold butter and rub in with the flour mixture until the butter is rubbed in well and the flour mixture is like damp sand.
Add in milk and mix until dough forms a ball.

Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface with 3cm thickness.
Using a cookie cutter (or any round object), cut out the scones.
Baste with eggwash and bake until golden brown.


Eat with butter and jam or if you prefer (and can afford the calories), clotted cream. :)

x
Sush

No comments:

Post a Comment